An agile way of meeting the demands of developing safety critical systems!
What is EchoScrum®?
- EchoScrum® binds feature development and safety development
- There is an Echo after each Call! Functional safety activities respond to a developed feature
- The EchoScrum® team has the competences for feature development and safety development and is accountable for all sprints
- Call and the Echo have the same duration (2 weeks)
- There is one backlog only
- Consistency checks are performed at the end of each increment, so that compliance can be ensured
The EchoScrum® building pillars
- Psychological needs of the team and team members
- The basic principles of ISO26262 and functional safety
- The need for fast iterations and shippable increments
Main safety benefits of EchoScrum®
EchoSCRUM® will not only render the specific SCRUM advantages like higher development and speed, but also achieve the following SAFETY objectives:
- Systematization of development processes
- Chain of evidences for certification created “on the fly”
- Improvement of product safety through safety analyses iterations
If you are interested in EchoScrum® and want to learn more about it, please read the Whitepaper.